Wednesday, August 16, 2006

My perception of love..


2 days ago, someone asked me..
"Do you think you love him?", "What is love leh?".
It suddenly struck me.. and I thought about it for a while.

I answered her, love is like you just want to share everything with him,
having the needs to be with him, where you want everything to be the best for him, and is happy just because he is happy.
The way he holds me and says 'I love you' before we fall asleep each night,
feeling thankful to wake up beside him each morning
even though we've had a fight the night before.
Like how we spend time talking til the wee hours in the morning,
just admiring his actions, his tone of voice, movement and expression.
Expressing every single little thoughts I have for him,
missing him the minute we finished talking on the phone.
And not getting enough of him.

To love someone, you don't have to truly understand a person.
You don't have to ask for anything more from him.
You don't need him to be someone special to love him.
Cos, loving him in the first place already makes him special.

The beginning of love, is to let those we love be perfectly themselves
and not twist them with our own image.
Otherwise, we love only the reflection of ourselves we find in them.


There were moments when I really miss him that I want to pick him
from my dreams and hug him for real.
Others were I woke up realising that I was tearing while dreaming of him.

To me, nothing beats family love. I feel so grateful that
I have such supportive family. I once went to this horoscope reading thingy,
she said that I had a major change in myself when I turned 11.
She said, I only realised the importance of family 2 years back.
Thinking back, what she said was true.
We are now closer than ever and I just can't live without any of them.

Now, what's your perception of love?


No comments: